Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Non-Shallow Beach Reads
These books would be great to read at the beach, and they are not shallow or trashy!
1. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
This book is gut-wrenching. I love enjoying a romance on the beach, and this one would be a great pick.
2. Just One Day by Gayle Forman
Gayle Forman’s writing is anything but shallow. I felt like I was traveling Europe as I read this one!
3. Anything by Sarah Dessen
Sarah Dessen’s books are perfect for vacations. They have a little bit of romance, and their depth of emotions always captures my heart. She tackles tough issues, and I always feel like I’ve grown as a person after I read her books.
4. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
I read this book at the beach, and it was a great pick. I loved the way it swept me away into Anna’s story.
5. Bloom by Elizabeth Scott
This book was always a hit in my classroom. Because I love reading romances on the beach, I think it would be a great choice.
When I think of beach reads, I think of romance. These are some well-written novels that have some romance in them.
1. Atlantia by Ally Condie
This book isn’t about the romance (though it has some), but it is about an underground city. Very beach appropriate.
2. Bridget Jones’s Diary series by Helen Fielding
If you have not read the books, you are missing out on hilarity! And with a 3rd movie coming out this year, this would be a perfect time to pick them up.
3. From What I Remember… by Stacy Kramer
This book has everything. Romance, adventure, drama, humor- it was a roller coaster! I loved it so much. It read like a movie making you feel like you were there, and I loved how distinctly different the multiple point of views were. Perfect fun for the beach!
4. Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs
A fun mermaid story? And with romance? A great series for beach reading!
5. The Mediator series by Meg Cabot
This is one of my favorite romance series. It is a bit romance novel-y in that Suze loves a ghost since she is a mediator, but it is also really well done and written well because it is Meg Cabot.
What books do you love to read on the beach?
Recently Popular Posts
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- Novels with Science Content
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books…
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- What Do You Do with a Problem? by Kobi Yamada
- Engaging Classroom Discussion Techniques
Subscribe to Our Posts