Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Top Ten Books that Remind Us of Summer
Okay, we admit it. We cheated. Today’s topic is supposed to be about books that are great beach reads. We don’t like the stigma of beach reads, and we will take any ol’ book to the beach (heavy or not). Instead, we are highlighting books that remind us of summer!
1. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
This was a given. When I think about summer, I immediately think about this book.
2. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
Every Sarah Dessen book reminds me of summer. In fact, Sarah Dessen (as a person) reminds me of summer! She is very warm and kind.
3. Just One Day by Gayle Forman
This post-graduation trip to Europe captured my heart. I highly recommend it if you missed it!
4. North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley
Based on the cover, I thought this was going to be a shallow, teen love story. It was much deeper than that and had themes of beauty, emotional abuse, identity and empowerment.
5. Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
This book was always popular in my classroom. I loved going on the road trip with Amy and Roger.
1. Death by Bikini by Linda Gerber
Not exactly a cheery book, but it is the first book I thought of when I read this topic (along with #2 which is also not a cheery book). It does take place at a beautiful resort.
2. Party Summer by R.L. Stine
See, also not cheery, but definitely took place on a beach. Maybe this book is secretly why I am not a huge fan of beaches.
3. Baby-sitters’ Summer Vacation by Ann M. Martin
I emulated the BSC girls and this one was no different. I wanted to go to camp with my best friends and have all the fun they did.
I love Penguin and Crab! This book is not only a celebration of the beach (in a way), but of odd friendship and being okay with your home.
This is a summer book if there ever was one! Cody is not going to waste a second of her summer vacation!
Which books remind you of summer?
Recently Popular Posts
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- Novels with Science Content
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books…
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- What Do You Do with a Problem? by Kobi Yamada
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- Review and Teaching Guide!: El Deafo by Cece Bell
Subscribe to Our Posts