This year was a bit different when it came to reading than the years in the past. Usually, my main focus is on middle grade and young adult novels, but with the addition of Trent, all of a sudden I read more picture books than the past 3 years combined and less MG/YA novels than in the past. In total I read 408 new books (Goodreads does not track rereads) in 2014. 58 were children’s, middle grade, or young adult novels, 38 were graphic novels, and 305 of them were picture books. Although it is a bit different than my past stats, I am still super proud of them.
Today, I want to share with you my favorite reads over the last year. Most of these are not 2014 titles; they are just titles I read in 2014. I highly recommend all of these titles; you cannot go wrong with any of them! And if you missed Ricki’s Top Ten Favorites, you can check them out here.
*If you click on the covers, it will take you to our review or the book’s Goodreads page*
Young Adult Graphic Novels
Kid Lit and Middle Grade Graphic Novels
Many of the picture books I read this year were with Trent, my son. These are not my favorites for reading to him (you can find those on my “Kellee and Trent’s Favorites” posts: 0-3 months, 3-6 month, 6-9 months, & 9-12 months coming in February). These are my favorites in general: for myself, for my students, for my son, for everyone.
Nonfiction Picture Books
What were your favorite reads of 2014?
Happy new year!
Recently Popular Posts
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- Novels with Science Content
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books…
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- What Do You Do with a Problem? by Kobi Yamada
- Review and Teaching Guide!: El Deafo by Cece Bell
Subscribe to Our Posts