Nonfiction Picture Book Wednesday
Nonfiction Picture Book Wednesday is hosted by Kid Lit Frenzy and was started to help promote the reading of nonfiction texts. Most Wednesdays, we will be participating and will review a nonfiction text (though it may not always be a picture book).
Be sure to visit Kid Lit Frenzy and see what other nonfiction books are shared this week!
Over the last few years I have noticed a trend (a trend I love!) of biographical picture books about strong women from history. After reading a wonderful batch of them, I decided I need to share all of the amazing ones that I have read.
[Each picture book cover can be clicked on to take you to either Goodreads or a review of mine.]
I love that these woman are getting their stories told!
Were there any that I missed? Please share!
Subscribe to Our Posts
Recently Popular Posts
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Novels with Science Content
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books and…
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- Engaging Classroom Discussion Techniques
- Review and Teaching Guide!: El Deafo by Cece Bell
Topics#mustread Abuse Adventure ALAN Animals Art Author Baby Bullying Creativity Death/Dying Dinosaurs Diversity Education Empathy Fairy Tale Retelling Family Friendship Guest post Heroism History Identity/Coming of Age Illustrations Imagination Justice Love Mental Health Motherhood Music Nature NCTE Poetry Racism Relationships Religion/Faith Research School Science Sports Survival Teaching Violence War Women's Rights Writing