Educators’ Guide for The Rock from the Sky by Jon Klassen
The Rock from the Sky
Author & Illustrator: Jon Klassen
Published: April 13, 2021 by Candlewick Press
Summary: Look up!
Turtle really likes standing in his favorite spot. He likes it so much that he asks his friend Armadillo to come over and stand in it, too. But now that Armadillo is standing in that spot, he has a bad feeling about it . . .
Here comes The Rock from the Sky, a meditation on the workings of friendship, fate, shared futuristic visions, and that funny feeling you get that there’s something off somewhere, but you just can’t put your finger on it.
Teachers’ Tools for Navigation and Discussion Questions:
Please view and enjoy the teachers’ guide I created for Candlewick Press for The Rock from the Sky:
You can also access the teaching guide here.
You can learn more about The Rock in the Sky on Candlewick’s page.
Recently Popular Posts
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- Novels with Science Content
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books…
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- What Do You Do with a Problem? by Kobi Yamada
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- Review and Teaching Guide!: El Deafo by Cece Bell
Subscribe to Our Posts