It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA!
It’s Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme started by Sheila at Book Journeys and now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. It is a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It’s also a great chance to see what others are reading right now…you just might discover the next “must-read” book!
Kellee and Jen, of Teach Mentor Texts, decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join us! We love this meme and think you will, too.
We encourage everyone who participates to support the blogging community by visiting at least three of the other book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
- Truman by Jean Reidy is one of my new favorite picture books though I am bias because I love land tortoises!
- Catwad by Jim Benton is like an even grumpier Garfield.
- Six Goodbyes We Never Said by Candace Ganger: “Two teens meet after tragedy and learn about love, loss, and letting go.”
- Planet Earth is Blue by Nicole Panteleakos: “A heartrending and hopeful debut novel about a nonverbal girl and her passion for space exploration.”
- Cursed by Karol Ruth Silverstein: “An #ownvoices contemporary/realistic YA debut. 14 year old Erica “Ricky” Bloom, is newly diagnosed with a painful chronic illness and pretty pissed off about it.”
While visiting my son’s new elementary school, we checked out the gorgeous library. We saw The Remember Balloons by Jessie Oliveros on display. Whew. This book is powerful. It took all of me not to start sobbing in the middle of the library.
- Reading: The Infinite Noise by Lauren Shippen
- Listening To: What We Buried by Kate A. Boorman
- Reading with Trent: Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls by Dav Pilkey
I’m reading an NCTE friend’s book draft, and it is fantastic. It is a secret, so I am not able to reveal much more. 🙂
Tuesday: OCPS Appetite for Instruction Podcast with Kellee: Unleashing Young Readers
Thursday: The Remember Balloons by Jessie Oliveros
Friday: Educators’ and Discussion Guide for What Can a Citizen Do? by Dave Eggers
Sunday: Author Guest Post: Self-Esteem and Students by Karen S. McGowan, Author of Kelly’s Adventures
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!
Recently Popular Posts
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- Novels with Science Content
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books…
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- What Do You Do with a Problem? by Kobi Yamada
- Review and Teaching Guide!: El Deafo by Cece Bell
Subscribe to Our Posts