It’s a Puppy’s Life
Author: Seth Casteel
Published March 20, 2018 by National Geographic Society
Summary: Have you ever wanted to know what goes on in the life of one of nature’s most beloved animals–the puppy? Follow along in this picture book featuring the photography of Seth Casteel.
Follow several puppies as they play, go for walks, eat, sleep, and romp about.
My Review: Who doesn’t love puppies? I don’t have a dog right now, and this made me want to take a trip to the pet store! Seth Casteel does a phenomenal job capturing the spirit of these energetic pups. I enjoyed looking at the different angles that he used. Further, I loved the key at the end of the book that distinguished between the breeds. This is a charming book that kids will love.
Teachers’ Tools for Navigation: This book inspired me to want to take photographs! Teachers might use this at the start of a photography unit. They can examine the angles of the photographs and talk about how the author captured such incredible images.
Discussion Questions: Which puppy is your favorite? How does the author capture the spirit of the puppies? How does he organize the book?
Read This If You Love: Dogs; Photography
**Thank you to Media Masters for providing copies for review!!**
Recently Popular Posts
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- Novels with Science Content
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books…
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- What Do You Do with a Problem? by Kobi Yamada
- Review and Teaching Guide!: El Deafo by Cece Bell
Subscribe to Our Posts