Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Ten New Authors We Met at NCTE/ALAN 2017
Kellee’s list is almost identical to mine. We see so many authors at the conference, and it’s funny that the authors that I took pictures with are similar to hers. I regret working on this post after her! I am going to go with my gut and stick with the folks I planned before I saw Kellee’s list. I was going to start with Rashani Chokshi, but I will try to shift my list slightly from Kellee’s!
In no particular order:
1. Varian Johnson, Author of The Parker Inheritance and many others
2. Rick Riordan, Author of The Lightning Thief and many others
3. Julie Murphy, Author of Dumplin’ and many others
4. Angie Thomas, Author of The Hate U Give
5. Joseph Bruchac, Author of Code Talker and many others
I am so lucky to be able to meet and hang out with SO MANY authors at NCTE and ALAN. Here are a couple of authors I met for the first time (and remembered to take photos with!).
1. Rick Riordan, Author of The Lightning Thief and many others
2. Angie Thomas, Author of The Hate U Give
3. K.A. Holt, Author of House Arrest, Knockout, and Rhyme Schemer
4. Rashani Chokshi, Author of Aru Shah and the End of Time
5. Joseph Bruchac, Author of Skeleton Man and many others
What authors have you met before?
Subscribe to Our Posts
Recently Popular Posts
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Novels with Science Content
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books and…
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- Engaging Classroom Discussion Techniques
- Review and Teaching Guide!: El Deafo by Cece Bell
Topics#mustread Abuse Adventure ALAN Animals Art Author Baby Bullying Creativity Death/Dying Dinosaurs Diversity Education Empathy Fairy Tale Retelling Family Friendship Guest post Heroism History Identity/Coming of Age Illustrations Imagination Justice Love Math Mental Health Motherhood Music Nature NCTE Poetry Racism Relationships Research School Science Sports Survival Teaching Violence War Women's Rights Writing