Tinyville Town Series
Author & Illustrator: Brian Biggs
Published by Appleseed, an Abrams Imprint starting in 2016
Brian Biggs describes the series as Sesame Street meets Fisher Price.
I say it is Richard Scarry meets Mr. Rogers and Thomas the Train (but there are no talking trains).
There will be at least 8 books.
Though hopefully more because I want one about every member of the town!
There are two kinds of books in the series:
Board books about individual members of the society
Large-format picture books about how the whole town comes together.
This set up is perfect because when you read the picture book, you can find all of the members of the board books in the picture book. They become friends that you recognize like a search-and-find within the story.
In the classroom, Tinyville Town would fit perfectly with Junior Achievement and early-ed social studies as students learn about jobs and communities.
Parents, your kids will love these books! It is a perfect combination of everything kids and adults want in picture books.
Recently Popular Posts
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- Novels with Science Content
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books…
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- What Do You Do with a Problem? by Kobi Yamada
- Engaging Classroom Discussion Techniques
Subscribe to Our Posts