Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Ten Favorite Quotes from Books
by Habiba F., 8th grade (2016-17) now a 9th grader!
1. “Come quickly. I am tasting the stars.” – The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
This is what Dom Perignon said after inventing champagne. I like this quote because it shows how one’s mind can stretch farther than than the clouds.
2. “She is not just an ape…” – Hurt Go Happy by Ginny Rorby
This quote sows that even if your eye see only an ape, they are more than that.
3. “Even in its darkest passages, the heart is unconquerable. It is important that the body survives, but its more meaningful that the human spirit prevails.” – A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer
This quote shows how Dave, even though he lived in torture with his family and was shown little love, still has hope.
4. “You have to understand that in a person’s life, there are a few precious moments in which decisions, choices that you man now, will affect you for the rest of your life.” – Lost Boy by Dave Pelzer
This quote shows how every move you make affects you later in life.
5. “I loved you when you were 300, 200 pounds. I love you now.” – Skinny by Donna Cooner
I love this quote because it shows true sibling love and that it isn’t about looks, it’s about love.
6. “I could keep running from my battles and live in fear, or I could embrace the fear.” – Roller Girl by Victoria Jamieson
This shows a courageous girl who faces what she has been avoiding.
7. “As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly then all at once.” – The Fault in our Stars by John Green
This quote shows how true love can be comforting and soothing.
8. “The things we do outlast our morality, the things we do are like monuments that people build to honor heroes after they’ve died. They’re like the pyramids that the Egyptians built to honor the pharoahs. Only instead of being made of stone, they’re out of the memories people have of you.” – Wonder by R.J. Palacio
9. “People are more than they look.” – A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle
This quote gives a reason to not judge someone by looks.
10. “Don’t try to comprehend with your mind. Your minds are very limited.” – A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle
This quote shows that sometimes there will be things you just don’t understand.
What are your favorite quotes?
Subscribe to Our Posts
Recently Popular Posts
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Novels with Science Content
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books…
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- Engaging Classroom Discussion Techniques
- Review and Teaching Guide!: El Deafo by Cece Bell
Topics#mustread Abuse Adventure ALAN Animals Art Author Baby Bullying Creativity Death/Dying Dinosaurs Diversity Education Empathy Fairy Tale Retelling Family Friendship Guest post Heroism History Identity/Coming of Age Illustrations Imagination Love Magic Math Mental Health Motherhood Music Nature Poetry Relationships Religion/Faith Research School Science Space Sports Survival Teaching Violence War Women's Rights Writing