Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Ten Books I Love to Read with my Mom
from Sarah H., 7th grade
1. Nancy Drew series by Carolyn Keene
My mom and I love mysteries and trying to figure out what happened.
2. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
My mom and I loved reading the first one together.
3. Save Me a Seat by Gita Varadarajan and Sarah Weeks
After reading it for Mrs. Moye’s Lunch Book Club, I recommended it to my mom, and we both loved it.
4. Pigeon Books by Mo Willems
I remember my mom reading these to me at bedtime, and we would both say the lines over and over.
5. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
After reading it in Kindergarten, my mom and I read it over and over.
6. Pinkalicious and the others in the series by Victoria and Elizabeth Kann
My mom and I still read these–I love her imagination!
7. The Giver by Lois Lowry
I told my mom I was reading The Giver, and we started talking about it (after she reread it).
8. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
My mom and I love the movie, and we wanted to see the differences.
9. Dr. Seuss Books
I still have these in my closet, and we sometimes reread them and look through them.
10. Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White
My mom and I love all the animals in this book. We read it over and over.
Thank you, Sarah!
Subscribe to Our Posts
Recently Popular Posts
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- Novels with Science Content
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books and…
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- Engaging Classroom Discussion Techniques
- Review and Teaching Guide!: El Deafo by Cece Bell
Topics#mustread Abuse Adventure ALAN Animals Art Author Baby Bullying Creativity Death/Dying Dinosaurs Diversity Education Empathy Fairy Tale Retelling Family Friendship Guest post Heroism History Identity/Coming of Age Illustrations Imagination Justice Love Math Mental Health Motherhood Music Nature Poetry Racism Relationships Religion/Faith Research School Science Sports Survival Teaching Violence War Women's Rights Writing