Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Top Ten Book Covers (But Don’t Judge a Book by its Cover!)
from Vanessa W. and Alexandra N, 6th grade
1. Echo by Pam Muñoz Ryan
I love the image of the lovely forest.
2. The Summer I Saved the World…in 65 Days by Michele Weber Hurwitz
I enjoy looking at the ombre cover with a sense of excitement.
3. The Girl in the Well is Me by Karen Rivers
The cover of this book gave me a sense of mystery.
4. Sophie Quire & Peter Nimble by Jonathan Auxier
These covers give a sense of adventure and excitement.
5. The Seventh Wish by Kate Messner
This cover may look simple but relates to the book in outstanding ways.
1. Darkbeast by Morgan Keyes
The cover shows the bond between the characters.
2. Into the Wild by Sarah Beth Durst
This cover shows a main event in the story, and it is well drawn.
3. Wolves of the Beyond: Lone Wolf by Kathryn Lasky
The cover shows the main character, and the book is kind of sad and the character looks sad, too.
4. Wolves of Beyond: Star Wolf by Kathryn Lasky
It is really pretty and well drawn.
5. Foxcraft: The Taken by Inbali Iserles
I like this cover because it’s simple but the background is really detailed and you can see all the places where the character went.
Thank you, Vanessa and Alexandra!
Subscribe to Our Posts
Recently Popular Posts
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books and…
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- Novels with Science Content
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- Engaging Classroom Discussion Techniques
- We Were Liars by e. lockhart
Topics#mustread Abuse Adventure ALAN Animals Art Author Baby Bullying Creativity Death/Dying Diversity Education Environment Fairy Tale Retelling Family Friendship Guest post Heroism History Identity/Coming of Age Illustrations Imagination Justice Love Math Mental Health Motherhood Music Nature Poetry Professional Development Racism Relationships Religion/Faith Research School Science Sports Survival Teaching Violence War Women's Rights Writing