Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Ten Things We Love About ARCs
ARCs = Advanced Readers Copies (also known as galleys)
Ricki and Kellee
1. They scream for us to share them widely.
2. Sections occasionally change in the final version. This adds excitement!
3. The cover might even be quite different. We can either savor the old cover or get excited about the new one.
4. ARCs allow us to spread book love because when we purchase the published copy, we can share the ARC with others.
5. They are raw and might have a few editing errors. Correcting these errors in our heads makes us feel smart. 😉
6. They allow us to look like rock stars to our students because we know about books before they come out!
7. They make beautiful displays on the floors of exhibit halls.
8. Sharing an ARC of a favorite author with a friend is the greatest gift of all (and makes for a lot of warm and fuzzy feelings).
9. They allow us to look at the marketing plans. We can then pretend like we are in the know.
10. They make us feel like we are in on a secret—holding a magical book before its birthday. This certainly excites our students, too!
What do you love about ARCs?
Recently Popular Posts
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- Novels with Science Content
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books…
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- What Do You Do with a Problem? by Kobi Yamada
- Review and Teaching Guide!: El Deafo by Cece Bell
Subscribe to Our Posts