Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Ten Favorite LGBTQ Love Stories
The TTT topic for this week is romance, and we felt that topic was much too broad and as supporters of marriage (and love!) equality, we wanted to highlight our favorite LGBTQ love stories.
1. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
This is one of the most beautiful books that I’ve ever read.
2. Ask the Passengers by A.S. King
This book touched me deeply. A.S. King is such a clever, smart author. I envy her ability!
3. If You Could Be Mine by Sara Farizan
If you haven’t read this book, drop everything and read it! It is incredibly powerful, and I learned a lot!
4. More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
After I finished this book, I was thinking, thinking, thinking. It made me examine my beliefs about the morality of altering our personal histories. This is a great book .
5. And Tango Makes Three by Justin Richardson
I reread this book every year to my students. I just read it last week, and they absolutely loved it. I love this story!
I’ve read 4 of the 5 books Ricki listed, and I LOVED them also! (I need to read If You Could Be Mine!)
1. Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan
I love Paul’s town and Paul’s story. With prejudice nonexistent, this is just a love story.
2. Jess, Chunk, and the Road Trip to Infinity by Kristin Elizabeth Clark
The book may seem like a road trip book about a transgendered teen standing up to her father, but there is love inside of this adventure.
3. Honestly Ben by Bill Konigsberg
While Openly Straight focused on Rafe’s identity, Honestly Ben focuses on sexuality and love.
4. Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan
This book is a concoction of love stories and romance.
5. Personal Effects by E.M. Kokie
The romance in this story is secondary but it is the definition of a perfect love story.
Which are your favorite LGBTQ love stories?
Subscribe to Our Posts
Recently Popular Posts
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Novels with Science Content
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books…
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- Engaging Classroom Discussion Techniques
- Review and Teaching Guide!: El Deafo by Cece Bell
Topics#mustread Abuse Adventure ALAN Animals Art Author Baby Bullying Creativity Death/Dying Diversity Education Empathy Fairy Tale Retelling Family Friendship Guest post Heroism History Identity/Coming of Age Illustrations Imagination Justice Love Magic Math Mental Health Motherhood Music Nature Poetry Racism Relationships Religion/Faith Research School Science Sports Survival Teaching Violence War Women's Rights Writing