Teaching Guide for The Hat Trilogy by Jon Klassen
Happy book birthday to We Found a Hat by Jon Klassen!
We Found a Hat
Published October 11, 2016 by Candlewick Press
I Want My Hat Back
Published September 27th, 2011 by Candlewick Press
This Is Not My Hat
Published October 9th, 2012 by Candlewick Press
The first two books of The Hat Trilogy have enthralled readers for years. They have been read in many classrooms and in many bedrooms delighting millions of children (and adults!). Today we get to celebrate the final installment of the trilogy.
Summary of We Found a Hat: Two turtles find one hat – and it happens to look great on both of them.
Q&A With Jon Klassen:
Teachers’ Tools for Navigation and Discussion Questions:
I am happy to share the teaching guide for the books that I had the honor of writing!
The guide can also be found here.
Subscribe to Our Posts
Recently Popular Posts
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- Novels with Science Content
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books and…
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- Engaging Classroom Discussion Techniques
- Review and Teaching Guide!: El Deafo by Cece Bell
Topics#mustread Abuse Adventure ALAN Animals Art Author Baby Bullying Creativity Death/Dying Dinosaurs Diversity Education Empathy Fairy Tale Retelling Family Friendship Guest post Heroism History Identity/Coming of Age Illustrations Imagination Justice Love Math Mental Health Motherhood Music Nature Poetry Racism Relationships Religion/Faith Research School Science Sports Survival Teaching Violence War Women's Rights Writing